Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Revenge of the hippies!

Another link (how blogger-ish of me):

Hippies still trying to ruin the country.

I had to read it almost three times before I was convinced that it wasn't actually an Onion-esque satire piece, and even now I have my doubts. The overall effect, however, is the same: I link to it as a comedy piece, because Lord knows it doesn't warrant any serious discussion. It's hilarious that there are people in the world with such an absurdly skewed view of their political opposites. I'm not saying that people like this don't exist on the left (the "Bush is the next Hitler" people are similarly deluded; I will say again, as I have before, that I think Bush is well-meaning but catastrophically misguided), but I haven't seen anything this ridiculous in a while.

Here's the icing on the cake: "For aging hippies, it's easier to keep blaming old enemies than to confront new ones..."

Because blaming, of all people, aging hippies for all of the problems in this country is not at all beating a dead horse.

No comments: