Friday, November 03, 2006

I like indie music as much as (or more than) the next guy. It probably makes up half of what I listen to, the other half being any and all music recorded before 1975.

But here's the thing. There's a lot of really bad indie music. The ratio of bad to good indie music is probably much higher than the ratio of bad to good major label music. And regardless of the music, the indie "scene" (whatever that means, I'm not even sure what I'm trying to describe now) has inspired some questionable choices. Moustaches, men in women's jeans, and any other number of things that may or may not be ironic, if only anybody could tell.

Which leads me to this:



























Basically, I can't think of any conceivable reason for that to exist, and it was so mystifying that I just had to share it with everybody.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

what the hell is this? my brain just stretched itself into a snake-like shape and then tied itself into a knot, it was so confused.

Anonymous said...

Indie guy with ironic beard dresses is nerd armor and starts his computer based techno punk. What the hell is this?