Tuesday, November 07, 2006

DECISION 2006! (semi-ironic title)

Believe it or not, I have been looking forward to this day for almost two years. I tried to find the blog entry that would prove it, but it was written long before I started this thing, and I'm not diving back into that xanga hellhole. But I distinctly remember writing something like "in only 20 months Pennsylvania will have the chance to rid itself of Rick Santorum."

So here we are. I voted earlier today, and am now sitting back, eagerly awaiting results from across the country. Will Webb and Menendez pull it out in Virginia and New Jersey? Will Democrats actually win House seats in districts in Idaho that are 70% Republican?

Bob Casey's lead over Santorum here in PA has looked fairly safe all along, and Ed Rendell is probably going to win over Lynn "Vote for me, I played football!" Swann in a landslide, but I still have my fingers crossed.

Anyway, I want to be one of those pious types who encourage everybody to Participate in Democracy and Be a Good Citizen and all that, but let's face it: if you're going to vote for Santorum, I'd honestly rather you stay home. I'm not that pure with my motives. And it's getting late in the day anyway.

I'll be back tomorrow with more thoughts.

Vote Casey.

No comments: