Wednesday, April 11, 2007

damn

Here's me looking at the concert listings on Ticketmaster's website for the Theatre of Living Arts:

"All right. Air is playing at the TLA."

Here's me three seconds later, when I saw the ticket price:

"WHO THE *expletive* DO THESE *expletive* THINK THEY ARE CHARGING 40 *expletive* DOLLARS? WHAT ARE THEY *expletive* BILLY JOEL ALL OF A SUDDEN?"

Seriously. Air tickets are $40. That's a pretty steep price for a band that's probably best known in the United States as the guys Zero 7 have been ripping off all these years (low blow, I know, but I still like Zero 7).

Boy that grinds my gears. And here's why: Air is not a band with a rich fan base. Who do you think the average Air fan is? Roughly college-aged, moneyless dopes like me. Todd Rundgren is playing there, and his tickets are only $35, and he's aiming for the baby-boomer market that will actually pay the big bucks to see Todd Rundgren 30 years past his prime.

I probably didn't need to explain that, but whatever.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

is the tla nice? i have always wondered that. you should take me by there.

Willpower2425 said...

i saw air at glastonbury festival in the uk. The were awesome!

£40 is still a bit crazy!