Saturday, May 19, 2007

metal sucks (the genre and the material)

A couple days ago, my dad was getting on my case for not wearing my safety glasses at work (I am in the construction biz now). I listened to what he said but didn't really do anything. I figured I haven't been hurt yet, I spent all that time doing construction a couple years ago and nothing ever happened, and on top of that I was already wearing glasses. What was the worst that could happen?

Well, apparently the worst (or at least a bad) thing that could happen is getting a piece of metal in my eye.

I know that you just cringed thinking about it, and basically it's as painful as it sounds, even though the thing was about the size of a grain of salt.

I guess it flew off of either the head of the hammer I was using or the top of the pin that I was hammering. The good news is that now I'm fine. Just remember to wear your safety glasses if you need to, is what I'm saying.

No comments: