Thursday, May 31, 2007

I'm not sure what to make of the new Wilco album. To be honest, I haven't really listened to it the whole way through enough times (I think I'm at 3 so far). But I have a boring anecdote that I want to tell.

There's a song on the album called "Impossible Germany." It's a pretty ho-hum song, intriguing lyrics maybe, mediocre melody, and then a guitar solo that NEVER ENDS. NEVER. EVER. It's so damned boring. By the third time I heard it, I was getting infuriated at the start of the song knowing that The Jeff Tweedy Noodling Show is right around the corner. I know it's nothing compared to the pair of 10+ minute snoozers that were on A Ghost is Born, but it's still annoying.

And yet, the stupid melody that he plays over and over on the solo is the only actual melody from the album I can remember at the moment.


Oy. I need more time with this one.

No comments: