Thursday, March 22, 2007

TV is dumb

I don't usually get too bothered when a TV show I like gets canceled or otherwise goes off the air prematurely. The most notable and most recent example was Arrested Development, whose bandwagon I was (un)lucky enough to get on toward the beginning of its run, which caused a lot of "will it get canceled?!" agony after every season. But I didn't get too upset when it went off the air, a subject that I covered here. Because after all, it's only TV. And I don't watch a whole lot of TV anyway.

But then last night I was bored enough to be flipping through channels (I sat down to watch the Flyers, and it quickly became clear that they weren't going to give me a whole lot to watch), and I noticed something:

Jim Belushi still has a TV show.

According to Jim has been on the air for 138 episodes and counting, which means it is approaching the point where it will have been on the air for almost three times as many episodes as Arrested Development.

Life just isn't fair, is it?

No comments: