Thursday, August 10, 2006

OK... Go watch this

Up until today, I've been fairly indifferent about OK Go since I first heard them. Decent power pop, I suppose. Not really anything special, but not by any means bad either.

Today, I just became a huge fan of OK Go:



I like bands that don't seem to take themselves seriously while doing just that at the same time, and I can't think of a more perfect example than this. Think about the time and effort that had to have gone into that.

Mostly, though, it's great because it's unbelievably fun and inventive. I haven't had this much fun watching a music video since I first saw Bjork's "It's Oh So Quiet." My personal favorite part is the move that starts right at 2:19, but it's all fantastic. I also like when the guy in red pants almost falls over at about 1:00.

So anyway, if they did stuff like this at their live shows, I would go see them. But the music, catchy as it is, isn't the best part.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait till the next time i go to the gym.

You've seen the other video right? thats more of the same, but not anywhere near as labored as this. I see myself buying/stealing a copy of an OK go album soon.

Elizabeth said...

when i first saw this i thought, "is this the same ok go that i bought an album of like 3 years ago and never really listened to all that much?" it is the same.

i read some article in spin regarding this video and they said they were somewhat concerned that they are going to be turned into a novelty act, or whatever the correct term is in this case, i don't remember. no point to that comment really, it just came to mind.

the word verification thing just had a broken image!!! imagine being the person who has to come up with all of those. maybe they have a program that does it, i guess.

reesie9882 said...

I found this hilarious, not only in and of itself, but because I just happened to have had a whole completely-unrelatedly ridiculous conversation on tread-mills the night before and this made me think of that, and the ridiculousness of having a tread-mill be part of a bed is hilarious. Though out of context it may simply seem strange... but anyways, the point is: I laughed.

back to the actual video though... in terms of the music I could take it or leave it. I enjoyed listening to it, but I don't see myself expending energy to go out of my way to listen to it...

those are my thoughts on that. tead-mills = hilarious in most any context, even as an exercise machine.