Thursday, July 27, 2006

Fiery Furnaces & Man Man update/the one-year anniversary of tomsmashblog

A month ago today, I saw the Fiery Furnaces and Man Man at the Theatre of Living Arts in Philly. I wrote about it on this site a couple days later.

Well, guess what! Now you too can feel some of the immeasurable insanity that I experienced that night, thanks to National Public Radio! Here is your link. You can download or stream live sets from both Man Man and the Fiery Furnaces, played live at the 9:30 Club in Washington three days after I saw them.

I tell you what, that stuff is going straight onto the ol' mp3 player.

In other news, my own blog turns one year old today. For nostalgia's sake, here is the somewhat uninteresting first post here. As you can see, the idea to post on a regular schedule fizzled out almost immediately. Oh well. Let's see if I make it another year.

1 comment:

norm chompski said...

The Fiery Furnaces are too yappy for Mike Love. I tried to sail their Blueberry Boat down to Kokomo and wound up pitching them overboard. Tried to give their "progressiveness" a chance. Mike Love gets "progressive"--I've been the main motivator behind my cousin "Two-chord charlie" Wilson steppin' out harmonically for all the big stuff. Mike Love don't get the FF's, so fuck 'em!! They can go eat a Stamos!