Saturday, September 10, 2005

Wanted: succinct, catchy, appropriate name for blog

So yeah, you read the title. I have no idea what to call this thing. It started out as "The Daily Stupid," which I put in on a whim because I hadn't thought ahead of time that I'd need a title for the whole thing. Then I realized that I wasn't writing daily, and ironic self-deprecation aside, I'm not really stupid.

So it changed to "On the Corner with Tom." Because I happened to be listening to Miles Davis' On the Corner when I decided that "The Daily Stupid" wasn't cutting it. But I'm not really liking that name either, because it sort of suggests that I'm literally on the corner, scoping things out and staying "hip" to the "scene" or something. I don't know, that's what I thought of for some reason. That's how I picture Miles Davis when he recorded that album anyway.

So I'm looking for a new name. Any suggestion will do, but I'd prefer something clever or at least meaningful, rather than "Tom's Blog," which is why it doesn't say that right now.

Back with actual writings about something soon.

Also, did you know that the spell checker built into this site doesn't recognize "blog" as a word? Crazy...

No comments: