Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Rather than go off on some rant about how Valentine's Day is a Hallmark-created holiday that makes romance feel mandatory, thus not romantic (or at least that's how it felt for me), and about how single people can't help but feel even more lonely despite knowing it's a stupid holiday (which is how I feel now), I'm giving you the preceding condensed version of the rant, which we've all heard a million times anyway, and giving you this, which I enjoyed so much last year that I'm digging it up again this year:

http://www.slate.com/id/2113350/

It'd probably be better for me not to even acknowledge the "holiday" at all, but oh well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't know why i didn't read this more often before.

Anonymous said...

even though its hallmark and stupid, its still nice to be reminded to appriciate the people around you, its something we all forget to do all too often. so happy valentine's day. (sorry im a day late, i had class til 10 yesterday and never got online)

Tom said...

I appreciate the thought, whoever you are, but you would have made things a lot easier by leaving your name. Hee.