Friday, October 28, 2005

The Phillies actually responding to criticism? Really?

It may or may not be true, but at this point, it seems like the Phillies are actually committed to change, and addressing complaints. First came the firing of Ed Wade. Now, they're planning to move back the left field wall at Citizens Bank Park.

This has been a subject of some debate in the two years played at the park, and as you may remember, I had my own theories about it as well. Considering that the attitude of Phillies management for about as long as I can remember has been "It's not a problem unless we decide it's a problem," who would have thought something would actually be done about it?

So I'm glad for that, even if Pat Burrell's home run total drops by five next season, and David Bell's total drops to zero. And I'll say this much too: I wouldn't at all be surprised if we go to the park next year and find the left wall exactly as I described in my previous post.

It's sort of cool to be sort of vindicated.

No comments: